Now that you have survived the bulk of the holidays, you may be wondering what to do next. The answer is, Tip 2: Relax! It’s quite normal to feel like you have taken on too many responsibilities this time of year with all the shopping, familial obligations, and events to attend on top your regular routine of work or school. Luckily, many of you have some extra free time right now which is the perfect time to take care of yourself and avoid holiday burnout. Here are some ideas to help you get through the last stretch of the holiday season.
- Take a walk. Exercise can reduce anxiety and improve mood.
- Get some sleep. Make sure you are getting enough sleep each night because inadequate sleep can cause stress.
- Slow down. It’s ok if you miss a couple events. But do spend some time with the people who make you happy.
- Remember the things you enjoy. Maybe it’s reading a book. Maybe it’s painting. Whatever it may be, set a little time aside for your favorite hobbies.
- Make sure you are eating well. The holidays are filled with tons of tasty treats but don’t forget to treat yourself to a piece of fruit or a few fresh veggies.
- Don’t overstretch yourself. When you spread yourself thin you are more likely to be stressed and depressed so block some time out in your planner for yourself.
It’s hard to believe that 2018 is right around the corner. So kick your shoes off, relax and enjoy the rest of 2017. You deserve it!